HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

Simple changes and Reforms. (PostNukeRP)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Supports the Reform?
Yes
68%
 68% [ 13 ]
No
5%
 5% [ 1 ]
Somewhat
26%
 26% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 19

AuthorMessage
Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: Simple changes and Reforms. (PostNukeRP)   Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:38 pm

call it

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alaska XCIII
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Simple changes and Reforms. (PostNukeRP)   Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:53 pm

Exactly what are you going to do though, Blank? I mean, you haven't even spoken to any of us....

like, at all.

1st Forum Overlord
1st Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Simple changes and Reforms. (PostNukeRP)   Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:56 pm

Alaska XCIII wrote:
Exactly what are you going to do though, Blank? I mean, you haven't even spoken to any of us....

like, at all.

Yeah, you're almost as inactive as Bleck...

Alaska XCIII
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Simple changes and Reforms. (PostNukeRP)   Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:23 pm

Mushroom wrote:

Shots fired!
But he's right. You need to actually discuss things like this with us, or at least make an attempt to do so before putting it out on the forums.

Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Simple changes and Reforms. (PostNukeRP)   Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:37 pm

Alaska XCIII wrote:
Mushroom wrote:

Shots fired!
But he's right. You need to actually discuss things like this with us, or at least make an attempt to do so before putting it out on the forums.

I did three days ago you dipshit Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
:F|F: TheDuncanPro
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Simple changes and Reforms. (PostNukeRP)   Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:08 pm

Raksho wrote:
:F|F: TheDuncanPro wrote:
I honestly think there should be set community/factions. A Military faction that would set up a "public outpost" and kill bandits, a Bandit/Raiding faction that would attack these outposts, then your smaller little independent factions of people. I say this because all I see is new people have one player factions and abuse the system of a stockpile and locker. Having the military and the bandits at constant war would make you afraid of the wasteland instead of oh no its a zombie ill just walk past it.
Now THIS, this is not a bad idea!
I support this post.

At least one person agrees with my ideas : D
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Simple changes and Reforms. (PostNukeRP)   Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:03 pm

I agree that there need to be changes, however I'm barely able to facilitate them. I'm so busy with school and college. When I'm not doing that I'm busy with making the gamemode. I simply don't have the time to make the gamemode, play on the server, manage the administrative staff, manage any changes that need to be addressed to the community and still have time to relax and maintain my sanity. Also blank, if you want to start making changes, start getting on the darn Teamspeak and STAY ON. We've upgraded our teamspeak to a 50 slot server and have moved it to NFO so you have no excuse for not ever being on it. Even if you want to not be bothered, at least sit in the new reserve channel so we can drag you in if we need you. Also you can connect to different teamspeak servers in tabs, so you can be in more than one. (This is why Teamspeak is the best). You want to start facilitating change? be my guest but no matter how important the forums are, the Teamspeak is our number one main line of communication. Our Teamspeak has been the thing that has held our community together for almost a year now; Teamspeak is the first thing I launch when I get home and when I'm home I stay in that Teamspeak until I go to sleep. If you did the same and you actually had a god idea of what goes on in our MAIN line of communication, maybe you'd have a better idea of how things work and the explanations behind the actions people are addressing in this topic. Same goes for all of you.

Also because I know people are going to bring up their gripes about teamspeak I'm going to get the most common ones out of the way so I don't have to read people whining about them because they're unjustified an I'm tired of hearing it.

Complaint: "I don't like teamspeak because I just sit in the public channels and you never acknowledge me"

Several things about this, if I'm ignoring you it's not on purpose it's because I'm probably busy with something else. In situations like this, try poking other people in my channel, or other admins. You're bound to eventually get a response because we almost always have 50%+ of our admins on during waking hours. Also for people who don't like that they can't just sit in the channel and talk with me about stuff, keep in mind you're not the only one. Would you rather wait a bit to talk to me, or sit in a channel with 10+ people all trying to speak at once? Have patience!

Complaint:"there's too many people in the teamspeak channels and I don't want to talk to hem"
Go to the new reserve channel, you won't be bothered in there because no one can talk, but if we need you we can easily access you, which we will do only if it's important.

Complaint:"Everyone has their own little cliques and they never hang out with me"
There's a reason we're not hanging out with you probably. It's not that we don't like you, we are just busy doing things that we can't do with you or we imply want to enjoy each other's company. If you want to be in your own private channel, there's plenty of open rooms, yo can also donate to get your own private channel.

Last edited by Bizzclaw on Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
Alaska XCIII
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Simple changes and Reforms. (PostNukeRP)   Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:08 pm

Blank wrote:
I did three days ago you dipshit

No, you didn't. Shut the hell up and get on the Teamspeak for more than 10 minutes next time.

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Simple changes and Reforms. (PostNukeRP)   Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:32 pm

I honestly think there should be set community/factions. A Military faction that would set up a "public outpost" and kill bandits, a Bandit/Raiding faction that would attack these outposts, then your smaller little independent factions of people. I say this because all I see is new people have one player factions and abuse the system of a stockpile and locker. Having the military and the bandits at constant war would make you afraid of the wasteland instead of oh no its a zombie ill just walk past it.

Heck no! That's a terrible idea! Are you kidding? One of the BEAUTIES of PNRP is the ability to make your own faction with a back story. The factions themselves become characters in the wasteland and they're formed with the ideals of the founders in mind. Other people who like the ideas then join the faction and it becomes bigger, and then they clash with other factions who think differently and the outcome can produce amazing roleplay. A simple solution for one person communities is putting a requirement of three people in a faction to use the stockpiles. It was like that a long time ago and I have no idea why it's not like that now. I'm fixing this now.

Also I freaking dare you to try and walk past a glowing one.
EDIT: Done. Change well be applied to the server on next map change/restart.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
:F|F: TheDuncanPro
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Simple changes and Reforms. (PostNukeRP)   Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:35 pm

Bizzclaw wrote:

Heck no! That's a terrible idea! Are you kidding? One of the BEAUTIES of PNRP is the ability to make your own faction with a back story. The factions themselves become characters in the wasteland and they're formed with the ideals of the founders in mind. Other people who like the ideas then join the faction and it becomes bigger, and then they clash with other factions who think differently and the outcome can produce amazing roleplay. A simple solution for one person communities is putting a requirement of three people in a faction to use the stockpiles. It was like that a long time ago and I have no idea why it's not like that now. I'm fixing this now.

Also I freaking dare you to try and walk past a glowing one.
EDIT: Done. Change well be applied to the server on next map change/restart.

I understand but almost everyone factions are allies with each other so nothing ever happens, you know what I mean?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tactical Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Simple changes and Reforms. (PostNukeRP)   Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:10 pm

Glowing ones are just annoying vermin.
They never really kill you unless there's some glowing one-poison zombie combo who can time stuff perfectly.

And the whole bandit thing and military.
Military... No one gives a single DAMN about safe zones because people can make their own, and you REALLY don't need a safezone all that often. Now, if we had massive hordes of fast zombies/ghouls, I would flee in terror to the nearest place, but that doesn't stop me or anyone else from making their own little places. And besides... People can take care of themselves. People really don't like big brother unless the bandits are some OP shets who can omg360mlgnoscope with Barretts from across the map.

Bandits, we really need a bandit faction where they can mug/raid anything (but would need a role play reason of course, if a bandit was mega-rich with all teh beaches he wouldn't really need to kill other people anymore), people can apply to join on the forums, so we can regulate people who join it, just to make sure that they wouldn't stomp on the new players... Although this is KINDA the point, the wasteland is a unforgiving place, and attacks people regardless of training, equipment or numbers. If a new guy has a problem with bandits, he can just join a bigger faction for protection. Simple as that.

Bizzclaw wrote:
The factions themselves become characters in the wasteland and they're formed with the ideals of the founders in mind. Other people who like the ideas then join the faction and it becomes bigger, and then they clash with other factions who think differently and the outcome can produce amazing roleplay.

Uh... No. It's mostly people bitching over OOC. Except if both parties are into serious role play and it's interesting for them. Other than that, I'm pretty much friends with everyone out there. I wanted a state of nature, where it's pretty hard for you come on the server and stay for an hour without hearing gunshots or seeing people shooting at each other, because that's usually what happens.

Wars are pretty much between 2-4 people VS 1-2 people, with the smaller group usually having like no guns or anything related to war, and after thirty minutes they plop down their stockpile/locker and giving up. wat. Now, I come prepared with my own supplies, enough to last me an entire week if needed. But that's me, and there's only one Tactical Bacon.

Never pet a burning dog.

Feels fuckin' good to kill I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Simple changes and Reforms. (PostNukeRP)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2