Share | 

Re-written rules!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mushroom
1st Forum Overlord
1st Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re-written rules!   Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:47 pm

As their seem to still be problems with people understanding the rules they have been re-written, their is now a new section for public bases, and the raiding rules have been re-written to make them more simple. Also the Community warfare rules have been made more simple.

The new rules consist of:

community warfare

Wars are when 2 factions enter a war from the community warfare menu, during which time you may kill other members on sight.
You may enter a war for the following reasons:

If you have been raided by the other community
If you or the other community agrees to the war
Or for a RP related reason (Most be approved by an admin)
If a war has been going on for more then 48 hours and 1 party wishes to end the war, you must accept or staff may have to get involved
Baiting other factions into war is not allowed and will have severe consequences, (An admin will decide if you were baiting)

Raids

Raiding is when you break into another person's base. In order to accomplish a raid, you need to follow some simple guidelines:

You must call raid before killing someone, it is mandatory to use chat and the /y before raiding
You cannot raid a base that is in construction (If you place valuables or a keypad on a base it is considered finished and you may be raided)
Silent Raids are when you sneak into someone's base without them noticing you. These are acceptable. However if you are caught during a silent raid, you must either leave immediately or declare a raid, you can not kill anyone during a Silent raid until you have called raid in chat.
If you are killed during a raid it is still considered over and you may not raid that base again for 1 hour

Public Outposts

Public outposts are bases that are open for public use, weather it be by admission or for free, a public outpost can not be raided

You must put a sign stating it as a public outpost. signs that say things like Bars/Shops/Stores count as public outposts.
If you place things down such as stockpiles or lockers in a public outpost your outpost will become raid-able (Do not place down valuables in public outposts!)
Once any form of raid-able items are placed down in your outpost it is no longer considered a public outpost and is bound by the normal base rules
If your public outpost plans on charging admission it cannot be more then 10 of each resource

We are also placing some more guide lines for admins and moderators, if you are a staff member please look at the new forum section.

BlankJones
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Re-written rules!   Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:55 pm

The reform strikes again! Well done on this revision of the rule.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mushroom
1st Forum Overlord
1st Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Re-written rules!   Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:56 pm

Thanks. Still working on the admin guide lines though.

Validtarget
Ban

PostSubject: Re: Re-written rules!   Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:11 pm

I still don't believe it is a public outpost you should charge to get in or have a keypad door..... or execute people in the back...... I think that you are going to have a public outpost you need to have no door (unless you want to have a lockdown of sorts) have it stated as a public outpost and not charge for it.... or if you are going to charge make it raidable..... because some people may not like the fact you are charging for safety, could raid and make it a real public outpost

When I see this if I try to join the server, it comes as a relief to me. Relief of not being afraid of being framed for tons of shit I didn't do. Relief for not being afraid of messing up a rule. Relief for not having to deal with the admins of Frostburnt. And relief to go to a server where my shots kill stuff, people don't hate me for no reason, and where I can do whatever I want and be treated like a normal person, not a rat held under a microscope under so much pressure to not mess up.

User has been permanatly banned from these forums for the reason "Doesn't want to be here" by Bizzclaw - Honestly I should of banned you a long time ago. And you say you're tired of being treated like "A rat under a microscope"? Sorry, but you've duped, exploited and RDM'd. What did you expect?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tactical Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Re-written rules!   Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:34 pm

Needs some work on the spelling though....
Also, what are considered valuables? I know that lockers and stockpiles are, but is there anything else?

Never pet a burning dog.

Feels fuckin' good to kill I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mushroom
1st Forum Overlord
1st Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Re-written rules!   Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:41 pm

Things such as grub worms would also be considered valuables.

And if you find a spelling error point it out so I can fix it, kinda did this in a rush.

Tactical Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Re-written rules!   Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:09 am

Mushroom wrote:

Public Outposts

Public outposts are bases that are open for public use, weather it be by admission or for free, a public outpost can not be raided

WEATHER

Never pet a burning dog.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mushroom
1st Forum Overlord
1st Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Re-written rules!   Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:26 am

Fixed...

Rittz

PostSubject: Re: Re-written rules!   Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:52 am

1. Can you cdm in war's considering many people have that question
2. What roles to mercenaries play in wars (How long can they be involved if the can be involved and what are the rules for being a mercenary in a war)
(All I could think of)

Mushroom
1st Forum Overlord
1st Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Re-written rules!   Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:01 pm

Rittz wrote:
1. Can you cdm in war's considering many people have that question
2. What roles to mercenaries play in wars (How long can they be involved if the can be involved and what are the rules for being a mercenary in a war)
(All I could think of)

Under no circumstances can you run someone over with your car to kill them.

Depending on the situation, mercenaries can only help until they die and you pay them again, or until a map change.

Tactical Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Re-written rules!   Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:03 pm

If a mercenary dies in a mission, and if they're revived can they continue the mission?

Never pet a burning dog.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mushroom
1st Forum Overlord
1st Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Re-written rules!   Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:12 pm

Yes, because technically they did not die.

:F|F: TheDuncanPro
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Re-written rules!   Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:15 pm

Can people be banned from a outpost for causing trouble? If so, can they attack the outpost?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Validtarget
Ban

PostSubject: Re: Re-written rules!   Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:35 pm

So this means that a community can't start a war if say you killed on of there guys out in the desert around no one for a hit or other reason correct?

When I see this if I try to join the server, it comes as a relief to me. Relief of not being afraid of being framed for tons of shit I didn't do. Relief for not being afraid of messing up a rule. Relief for not having to deal with the admins of Frostburnt. And relief to go to a server where my shots kill stuff, people don't hate me for no reason, and where I can do whatever I want and be treated like a normal person, not a rat held under a microscope under so much pressure to not mess up.

User has been permanatly banned from these forums for the reason "Doesn't want to be here" by Bizzclaw - Honestly I should of banned you a long time ago. And you say you're tired of being treated like "A rat under a microscope"? Sorry, but you've duped, exploited and RDM'd. What did you expect?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mushroom
1st Forum Overlord
1st Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Re-written rules!   Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:45 pm

If you were to kill someone and no one else is around, then they cannot start a war with you because of NLR, however if someone were to see you kill him and then report it to the other faction, they can start a war with you.

:F|F: TheDuncanPro wrote:
Can people be banned from a outpost for causing trouble? If so, can they attack the outpost?

They can be banned from an outpost but can't attack it. However, you can't just ban people from outposts, you have to have a reason to remove them.

Validtarget
Ban

PostSubject: Re: Re-written rules!   Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:59 pm

Still think Safe Zone rules need some revision and raiding ;-;

Back to top Go down
View user profile

Re-written rules!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1