PNRP BackStory now released!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: PNRP BackStory now released!   Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:27 pm

We know how hard it might be to RP when you can't come up with a good back story behind your character because we haven't released the story yet, so I sat down and wrote it. I may have some spelling errors here and there, so report them on this topic.
You can view the story here.
Also the date of PostNukeRP is (Current date + 500), so 2513 at the time of this post.)
Hope you guys enjoy it! I tried to explain everything I possibly could that's in the gamemode with this story. If there's anything left in the gamemode that doesn't make sense please post in this thread.
Also yes, Savium = Chemicals... I might change the in-game name someday.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
Tactical Bacon

PostSubject: Re: PNRP BackStory now released!   Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:01 pm

Doesn't exactly explain where ghouls came from, and if there are still fragments of the Conglomerate army, why haven't they already take over the wasteland? They might be like 70 years old, but come on.

I mean like, they're pretty much technologically superior to your average wastelander armed with Cold-War era weaponry in every single way... Hell, how does your fourth world country rifleman MAKE pulse weaponry anyways? But then again, all the countries were pretty much technologically similar. Also, I would like to see freaking Somalia, I bet they still have Black Hawk fragments and PASGT vests there.  

I haven't seen any spelling errors, rather some capitalizing needs to be done. Also a double period. The double period is at the end of paragraph 10.
Jamz wrote:
One of these creations was a small creature that latched on to the victim’s head, mutating them and ultimately rendering them a puppet for the creature to control. These creatures were generally referred to as headcrabs due to their similarity to monsters called headcrabs in ancient forms of entertainment. .
(paragraph 10).

Also, I would like access to modifying some stuff on the wiki. I tend to have a lot of spare time on my hands, and doing stuff on the wiki would help a lot.

Welp, time to rewrite my char's backstory. Thanks for the unofficial backstory Very Happy

Never pet a burning dog.

Feels fuckin' good to kill I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KingKatchup
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: PNRP BackStory now released!   Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:05 pm

The ghouls are a product of humans who have been exposed to the radiation.

PostSubject: Re: PNRP BackStory now released!   Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:17 pm

Look at wiki, btw if anybody wants to look at my script here
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1v3sbb3HiLRXBfXCck25bQo0l07eMqiHXihjQnXpVDOA/edit?usp=sharing
Back to top Go down
xxFalconArasxx

PostSubject: Re: PNRP BackStory now released!   Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:01 pm

This is an amazing story. It explains a lot of things well and I applaud you for it, but I have a couple of plot holes and oddities I'd like to point out.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-How is it that a meteor shower on the Earth was relatively harmless? Those Savium Meteors should have caused immense damage to world population regardless of how small they were. A lot of them came through if I'm correct, considering supplies lasted at large for 3 centuries. Sure Humanity would recover, but it definitely would have been devastating.

-Where do the ghouls come from? Radiation poisoning?

-While ghouls may be a product of radiation... There seems to be no mention of the origins of Antlions. Are they biologically engineered like the Conglomerate's headcrabs, are they some form of insect based mutants, or are they an alien life form.

-I think the choice of date being 2513 is a little too far, because it makes some of the items and weapons that are available in the game extremely obsolete. An AK47, L1A1, M4A1, and M1911 (as well as others) make no sense existing in this time period. They would've probably been replaced by 2050, and by 2200 would be nothing more than very rare ancient antiques. The whole apocalypse started in 2400s, so these weapons would hardly exist. It's like one of those plot holes in the Fallout series, where 1896 Mauser Broomhandles, 1914 Lewis Guns, and 1962 M16 Service Rifles are still in use (by advanced military factions) in the year 2281.

-I think Savium should be some kind of very rare separate item or resource to be added in a future update instead of just chemicals. I think chemicals should remain as just that, "ordinary chemicals", since converting them just makes the process of constructing or breaking down certain items awkward. I don't see how food items and plastic water bottles would contain a potentially hazardous chemical like Savium (if it is hazardous that is... I'm just making that assumption, because I noticed some items such as nuclear reactors and most energy weapons require a lot of chemicals, not to mention the story states its usage in super powerful weaponry). Savium is also supposed to be very rare (you mentioned that it was almost depleted by 2399), but chemicals are just about as common as the other resources (only having a slight rareness compared to Scrap).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: Guys please stop making a fuss out of this... I'm sharing my opinions on certain plot holes. I'm not trying to make Bizzclaw (who does not deserve this crap you are all giving him) look bad, and yes, some of these plot holes are addressed in the wiki. I should have probably looked into the that, but regardless this whole thing is annoying and unnecessary.

Last edited by xxFalconArasxx on Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: PNRP BackStory now released!   Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:15 pm

Falcon they have pulse weapons
Back to top Go down
Tactical Bacon

PostSubject: Re: PNRP BackStory now released!   Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:47 pm

Yes, the thing is, we still construct 21st Century era firearms in 2500...
Like, 500 YEARS AFTER THESE DAMNED THINGS WERE INVENTED!
Hell, even bolt action rifles were phased out quickly for submachine guns, then assault rifles.

Never pet a burning dog.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: PNRP BackStory now released!   Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:02 pm

Keep in mind there was a practically 200 year long dark ages where no technological advancement was made, also it's the wasteland you can't get your hands on the materials to make better weapons. Regardless I was looking at some weapons models to incorporate in to the cstm weapon system. weapons of the near future on the workshop or something.
Back to top Go down
Jeff Belinger
Donator

PostSubject: Re: PNRP BackStory now released!   Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:40 pm

all of my yes. finally, time to get my background up to speed.

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tactical Bacon

PostSubject: Re: PNRP BackStory now released!   Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:48 pm

So, any major advancements in technology was stopped in 2300...
Still no excuse for 21st Century firearms :p

I mean like, I would understand Kalashnikov style-patterned weapons, or AR15s, but M1911s and AWPs would become antiques...

Personally, bull pups are the future :p

Never pet a burning dog.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alaska XCIII
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: PNRP BackStory now released!   Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:58 pm

Jesus Christ guys, let's all just rip Bizzclaw a new asshole while we're at it. Lay off. It's not a big deal.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/AlaskaXCIII

PostSubject: Re: PNRP BackStory now released!   Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:13 am

Alaska there's a difference between constructive criticism and your perceived 'asshole ripping'.

Last edited by Tellis Argonis on Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:38 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Alaska XCIII
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: PNRP BackStory now released!   Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:36 am

Doesn't seem very constructive to me, but whatever.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/AlaskaXCIII

PostSubject: Re: PNRP BackStory now released!   Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:39 am

Not Bacon, but the other gai. In other words
Back to top Go down
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: PNRP BackStory now released!   Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:44 am

Thanks Alaska, and whatever you guys want to think is fine, but in the end no one can predict the future. Who knows for sure what kind of firearms will emerge in the future and what will be more/less common. You certainly don't and neither do I. A lot of the weapons we use today are now decades old, and if you where to ask me I wold probably say that general firearm technology is peaking at this point anyways. Why fix what isn't broken? I'm sure that weapons like the AK47 and ect will be widely in use all over the world for more decades, heck maybe even centuries to come. And if firearms really DID get more advanced (fully automatic barrets?) it would be way to overpowered to put on a game. Besides let not forget that humanity was hiding in a hole for another hundred years.

As for people who are saying it doesn't explain ghous and other NPCs I don't see why I have to explain them in the story, they're obviously mutants and if you want to know what they are you can view their page on the wiki. I don't need to clutter the story with things that could easily fit somewhere else. Of you actualy read my wiki you would know that.
Frostburnt Wiki wrote:

Antlion Soldiers appear to a heavily mutated ant, they are very large insects and while they are fairly harmless alone, they are quite dangerous in numbers due to their swarm-like tactics.
Frostburnt Wiki wrote:

The Feral Ghoul was once an ordinary human that has now been subject to high amounts of chemical and radiation exposure.
The only NPC I went in to detail with where the headcrab zombies, but that's because they where important to the actual war, not the aftermath of it. There's plenty of things I could include in to the wiki that could further explain the things we have in the wasteland. I'm still trying to figure out how we even store stuff on us. The Savium is going to be chemicals because it explains how we can literally create high powered assault rifles in seconds. Also it was never said to be toxic at all.

Last edited by Bizzclaw on Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
xxFalconArasxx

PostSubject: Re: PNRP BackStory now released!   Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:04 pm

HOLY SHIT GUYS! Don't make a big deal with the games use of 20th and 21st century weapons. I just wanted to point out how odd it was that they were still in use in the 26th century, but It's nothing to make a fuss over.

I simply wanted to make a list of minor plot holes was all, not start a war zone of constant arguing to make a great guy like Bizzclaw look bad.

It makes me look bad too, knowing I was the first point it out.

Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: PNRP BackStory now released!   Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:33 pm

You're fine, it's a good thing you brought up that point so it can be further elaborated on and explained further. Humanity only really had 200 extra years to advance from whee it is now, and most of the advancements where made in architecture and art. There wasn't much of a need for weaponry, because the whole world was cooperating to rebuild society from the dark ages. The weapons the few scientists where focused on during that time where not general firearms, but energy weapons, hence the pulse and ion weaponry which is powered with electrically charged Savium.

Also regarding the rarity of savium; Savium is like oil, it was rare in terms of the entire world's consumption needs but there was still a ton of it everywhere. Now with most of the population of the world dead, savium is fairly common in the wasteland.

Also if anyone has a better name than savium for the chemical replacement, please voice your opinion!
Back to top Go down
Bestegold K Redgold

PostSubject: Re: PNRP BackStory now released!   Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:03 pm

The story i came up with for Ghouls and why are they only showing up now
(Told through the eyes of my character in game)
Ghouls background story:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
:F|F: TheDuncanPro
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: PNRP BackStory now released!   Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:33 pm

If it bothers you guys so much with the 21st century guns, just simply use PAC to make one Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mushroom
1st Forum Overlord
1st Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: PNRP BackStory now released!   Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:26 pm

^This, also I could care less.

xxFalconArasxx

PostSubject: Re: PNRP BackStory now released!   Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:28 pm

Bizzclaw's Quote:

I have a ton of wicked alternative names I created for Savium during my spare time. Here's my list of possibilities to chose from.

Omnitexonium... A little name I created from studying Latin using the concept of Omnipotence
Omni(All)   texon(Building)   ium(Metallic Suffix)

Boluson... Latin based element for a Noble Gas representing the word cast
Bolus(Cast/Clay)   on(Noble Gas Suffix)

Deusfium... A Latin-Romanian combination of God and Creation
Deus(Deity/God)   fi(Make)   ium(Metallic Suffix)

Exusiagen... A Greek based element I created representing great power.
Exusia(Power)

Chronogen... A good name for an exotic element that can have nonstandard space-time properties.
Chrono(Time or Temporal)

Unium... English pun element for union.
Uni(One or United)   ium(Metallic Suffix)

Genidine... A Greek based element I made for a resourceful Halogen.
Geni(Generation) ine(Halogen Suffix)

Arsultimonium... A Latin based exotic element I created representing greatness and craftsmenship.
Ars(Craft/Art)   ultim(Ultimate)   onium(Suffix for an exotic atom with both matter and antimatter bounded together)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Real life exotic atoms I thought could give ideas:

Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: PNRP BackStory now released!   Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:35 am

Those are some really good names for it. I may use one of them. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Malcom

PostSubject: Re: PNRP BackStory now released!   Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:21 am

Humanity were almost out of foods so they tried to make super human none-starve man(human always makes war so they needed powerful soldiers)
at first, scientists tested it to animals like rat, and they made "-"(headcrab)
all of scientists knew how it dangerous so they said we should not clinical test yet but the army needs soldiers so they tried take the drugs
in that fight one of the drugs were missing, that was the leader of the scientist. he pour it into the river and it spread out of the world
people started get sick and they felt something is changing
some of them gets stronger but some of them turned to monster(zombie,ghoul)
it was critical situation so USA army started project "The purification"(combine strike)

Sakuya dance
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: PNRP BackStory now released!   Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:49 pm

wat.
Back to top Go down
Mushroom
1st Forum Overlord