HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

Time to pour out my soul, Season 2, LES DUEX THIS.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Time to pour out my soul, Season 2, LES DUEX THIS.   Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:48 pm

I can barely muster to type this. Partially out of fear, partially out of not being able to think of the right words to say for the longest time.
You know the old saying, 'You either die the hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain'? That comes to mind when I look at how the Frostburnt Foundation has been coming up lately.

I'm gonna get shit off my chest. And If I get banned from the forums, so fucking be it. I can take it. If you deem that I'm not needed here after reading this after I voice my opinions, after I pour my soul into these words, then SO BE IT. It'll just prove to me that I don't need you as much as I'm not 'needed' if that happens.

I put a lot of thought into what I'm about to write, and no, this isn't just unnecessary padding to make it seem like I got shit to say before I take a dump on the foundation, call out the admins, and go 'fukalllllllyall'. No. I'm going to use someone most of you have agreed to hate very strongly dislike. Gonna walk out on a limb overhanging thin ice of a spike pit filled with water that's freezed over now. Someone that clearly doesn't have a moral compass, Ziggy. Now that doesn't justify her actions in any way, no. But punishing, then writing off misbehavior as 'being a dick' probably isn't the thing to do. Claiming to have problems handling rage and when people are dickbutt buttdicks, I found common ground with the person, as I have had similar problems but have gotten a handle on my rage for the most part. (I didn't mention anything about my rage problems concerning people before she came to me. Why do you think I'm the only one in my group? It's mainly because I hate all of you somewhat from the getgo because you're people.))  Recently she's claimed me as a kind of Moral compass, I get messages from her all the time saying things like 'There's some guy micspamming, insulting me, wat do?'

And then I provide her with a clever comeback or something, I dunno. Point being she's trying to be better, so there is that. Live and let live, and try to refrain from spamming words full of vitriol about ziggy after I put this. I know that the person  behind the name is male, and it's irrelevant to my feelings.
I.E

I know what they've done is wrong, disruptive, uncitizen like conduct but I've threatened to stab someone's dog on impulse because they laughed at my pants before. They didn't even have a dog. Which was bad, and I'm lucky they didn't call the police.

Why hold onto shit like this anymore?

Now onto other things, self-damning things, how dare I even mention these things and I will become IP banned for the first time from a forum ever, hooray. At the very least, all this will be erased by someone wanting to cover it up. Not naming names, but yeah. I know you're all spread thin, too thin, but snapping and biting isn't the right thing, it's the unjustifiable thing, it's also the thing to get people to not want to be here anymore. Me, I've been playing a bunch of games I got during the autumn  and winter sales before I go back to Gmod. Add that onto technical problems with a faulty HDD, and now here we are.

I know that an admin's word is law but it's not always the truth. People can still lie and people tend to demonize others that have made them mad, especially when they have the power to remove them from everyone's presence. That needs to stop.

Banning people you don't like because you've been looking for an excuse, then calling what they did something else when they got evidence to support otherwise, and then they don't even wanna be here anymore? Yeah, I can see why after all that bull hockey.

Tonight, I'm gonna reinstall Gmod, a couple other prequisate games like CS:S and maybe just get episode 2's materials and models into Gmod before going to the server to see what I've been missing out on.

I hope that whoever reads this will be civil, and Mushroom, because I know you'll read this since you're the forum manager, just know that I'm only writing all this because I'm concerned about all of you that I know, about the direction that the frostburnt foundation is going, and I'd hate to see it tear itself apart after so long. A lot of server groups or whatever don't even make it this far. I hope that this whole thing won't just be written off as flaming stupidity and then tossed in a bin to rot.

Thank you for reading, and fuck all, y'all.

Last edited by Tellis Argonis on Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tactical Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Time to pour out my soul, Season 2, LES DUEX THIS.   Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:27 pm

Don't be afraid to call BS on something, unless it's like, an personal attempt to remove someone from power because you REALLY don't like them, and they're an okay moderator/admin/CSC/Co-founder.

The main reason (if there really is a main reason at all, I just think that it's a complination of things that Ziggy has done and not been banned for) I think Ziggy has been banned for is the whole ODST PAC thing. It's been done originally by Bizzclaw, and rigged for female animations by Ziggy.
Other than that, Ziggy did some little things here and there she/he hasn't been punished for, although everyone's forgotten about those and aren't worth punishing anymore.

Saying that someone stole something over Steam and getting into a huge argument is a different thing. Both parties could have EASILY walked away from the situation without saying a word, it's just that Bizzclaw decided to do it later. Now, claiming that someone had stole/copied another person's work is a bit... edgy. In my opinion. And it was presented in a pretty harassing/annoying way.

Beginning of arguement wrote:
¤♫Ziggylata♫¤: So uh
¤♫Ziggylata♫¤: why you stealin ideas?
:F|F: Bizzclaw: Why are you accusing me of something I haven't done?
¤♫Ziggylata♫¤: Im pretty sure the dynamic music system was already done much better by someone you hate
¤♫Ziggylata♫¤: And was done over a year ago to perfection
¤♫Ziggylata♫¤: and still works

Yeah... Someone you hate? Looks a bit harassing to me. I won't delve deeper into the rabbit hole because it's a bit unnecessary.
Whether or not Ziggy was trolling doesn't matter, I don't like to be accused of stealing/copying another's work after I've worked on it for a extended period of time. But that's just me.

One last thing I have to say is, whoever it is, if I've talked with them for a bit and come to like them, I'm sad to see them go, no matter what they did. And I try to make friends with everyone.

Never pet a burning dog.

Feels fuckin' good to kill I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Time to pour out my soul, Season 2, LES DUEX THIS.   Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:50 pm

:V Myeah, that was a bit harrassing. Ziggy really shouldn't have done that. When I go onto other things, I talk about BA's banning and because he was 'RDMing' when he was kind of agitating people that had a beef with him in the first place for whatever reason, put up his evidence, but then didn't even wanna be here anymore because of the whole situation.
Back to top Go down
Mushroom
1st Forum Overlord
1st Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Time to pour out my soul, Season 2, LES DUEX THIS.   Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:21 pm

I actually talked to B.A before he left, I told him I was the one who had to decide for his ban. I talked to him and he said he was just done with drama and would like to stop playing, I bid him farewell and he did the same for me, it was actually quite the neutral ban.

As for Ziggy, you really don't know the half of it, not trying to be mean or anything it's just Ziggy should have been ban a long time ago. I had caught him breaking prop rules countless times and only gave temp bans for some reason. He was been ban 9 times and 5 of which are prop abuse.

Also, we are making bans less personal. We have always had the rule for the CSC that if you ban someone you may not claim their appeal. Also, we have a warning system in place now, dependent on how many warnings you already have it will automatically ban you for the appropriate amount of time.

However, admins may choose to perma ban prop abusers without warning.

Anyway, hope this clears things up a bit.

PostSubject: Re: Time to pour out my soul, Season 2, LES DUEX THIS.   Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:30 pm

Okay
Back to top Go down
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Time to pour out my soul, Season 2, LES DUEX THIS.   Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:09 pm

I'm greatly saddened to see that you're afraid of stating your opinion on things of this manner. One of the things I wanted to ensure when I started this (a year ago tomorrow at the time of this post) was that everyone can have a voice and be heard without being punished for it. I don't know why you think you'd be punished for having an OPINION. That's absurd! anyways, I banned Ziggy because I was tired of him taking my PAC outfits and selling them for resources on the server. I was tired of him prop abusing. I was tired of him treating people like dirt. I was tired of him pretending to be a girl to take advantage of other players. I was putting up with all that, but when he DARED accuse me of "Stealing" an idea like that from someone I completely hate... you don't even know a tiny bit of what happened with Zoey. Now that's not stating an opinion, that's practically harassment, and with all the other things I knew about Ziggy, I was done. He doesn't deserve to be here, and I don't want him back. As for Baracus... He's not even banned anymore. The ban was lifted, he's just choosing not to come back.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/

PostSubject: Re: Time to pour out my soul, Season 2, LES DUEX THIS.   Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:19 pm

(Fatigue... setting in... typing hampered) w w fh I never said Ziggy deserves to be unbanned or that anything that they did was right. They actually acted like the antithesis of what good sporty behavior should be. Just vile and badness.

What made me think was the fear was all the stuff with the peoples and the FUbaringing and the things with the people going 'this ois probly gonna get me banned but here's my mind speaking times' and everything and I'm just sitting her ean d 'oh nooooo I can't do this I'll get in trouble with a guy and they'll bite me and then say 'youre not needd go away forever. so yes there this and that pad wack
Back to top Go down
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Time to pour out my soul, Season 2, LES DUEX THIS.   Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:37 pm

Opinions deserve to be made, we just hope that if the opinion is based on faulty information or an incomplete truth we will be given the chance to set the record straight. There's a reason why we do things and we have a good reason. Today is Frostburnt's Birthday so I've been doing this for a year now, people should have a little bit of faith in me. Razz
Back to top Go down
Tactical Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Time to pour out my soul, Season 2, LES DUEX THIS.   Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:55 am

I talked with a couple of people who were afraid that if they brought their issues/thoughts to the big boys up stairs they would be banned nigh-instantly.

We were all like 'Remember, we never talked about this topic.'

I'm going to voice my opinion... Here goes nothing.

My opinion:

Never pet a burning dog.

Feels fuckin' good to kill I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Validtarget
Ban

PostSubject: Re: Time to pour out my soul, Season 2, LES DUEX THIS.   Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:25 am

I didnt even get that ODST Pac from Ziggy if thats what this is about.... I got it from Bob Ross or somthing, the guy Bizz was showing off pacs with with me Chess and Rice
Ziggy has actually refused taking resources from me when I asked if he could help or give me somthing saying that he would just lose it anyways.

When I see this if I try to join the server, it comes as a relief to me. Relief of not being afraid of being framed for tons of shit I didn't do. Relief for not being afraid of messing up a rule. Relief for not having to deal with the admins of Frostburnt. And relief to go to a server where my shots kill stuff, people don't hate me for no reason, and where I can do whatever I want and be treated like a normal person, not a rat held under a microscope under so much pressure to not mess up.

User has been permanatly banned from these forums for the reason "Doesn't want to be here" by Bizzclaw - Honestly I should of banned you a long time ago. And you say you're tired of being treated like "A rat under a microscope"? Sorry, but you've duped, exploited and RDM'd. What did you expect?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: Time to pour out my soul, Season 2, LES DUEX THIS.   Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:41 am

dont defend Ziggy, bad idea.

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Validtarget
Ban

PostSubject: Re: Time to pour out my soul, Season 2, LES DUEX THIS.   Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:24 pm

Was just stating the truth, I never had a huge problem with Ziggy. Not really upset he was banned but if that would help someone understand something a bit better then I felt I should state it

When I see this if I try to join the server, it comes as a relief to me. Relief of not being afraid of being framed for tons of shit I didn't do. Relief for not being afraid of messing up a rule. Relief for not having to deal with the admins of Frostburnt. And relief to go to a server where my shots kill stuff, people don't hate me for no reason, and where I can do whatever I want and be treated like a normal person, not a rat held under a microscope under so much pressure to not mess up.

User has been permanatly banned from these forums for the reason "Doesn't want to be here" by Bizzclaw - Honestly I should of banned you a long time ago. And you say you're tired of being treated like "A rat under a microscope"? Sorry, but you've duped, exploited and RDM'd. What did you expect?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Time to pour out my soul, Season 2, LES DUEX THIS.   Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:28 pm

It's not just you valid, it was other people.
Back to top Go down
Alaska XCIII
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Time to pour out my soul, Season 2, LES DUEX THIS.   Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:58 am

Somewhere along the lines players got this idea in their heads that we are abusive in dealing punishments and that we are biased or unfair. I honestly don't see what you people mean. Maybe someone can spell it out for me. Seriously, if someone wants to lay it out word for word, please do not hesitate because you will not be in trouble whatsoever. If something is wrong with the way we do things, tell us right now. Don't tiptoe around it. At all. That's the worst way to go about it. You will never get punished for trying to help us be better at what we do.

I don't see where you guys are coming from when you get scared to post. No one has ever been banned for stating an opinion. Just because we have the ability to ban you, does not mean we will exercise it at any given chance.

If any of this uncertainty about the staff has anything to do with Ziggy, Baracus, or FUBAR... Maybe this will help:

I'll start with FUBAR. He was very easy to get along with, as long as you weren't the butt of his jokes, or looking down the barrel of his gun. In the server, he raided. And raided. And when he was done raiding, he would piss you off, you would shoot him, and he would declare war on you and decimate your faction and everything you had, then raid you again before you disbanded. That's who he was. He played pranks. He messed with people. He liked to piss people off and rustle their jimmies. He was the kind of person who danced on the thin line between being irritating and doing something bad enough to be punished. In the end, he was in a heated discussion with Nightmare about his behavior on and off the server (he had been very coarse to multiple people in the TS, especially staff at the time) and he snapped and berated Nightmare and said things that I would not say to someone unless they were truly deserving of it. He had a lot of rage in his voice. He then stated that he was didn't ever care about the server anymore and was immediately banned. He had gotten worse and ultimately crossed the line.

Now for Baracus.
He was a douche at first. Well, more so his community than anything. When they first joined the server, we got more complaints about them than anything, including bugs or broken maps. Eventually members of his community were either banned or gave up on the server completely, and only Baracus was left. After they were gone, he started the #freefubar2013 campaign. Which was pretty annoying, if I must say so myself. It was basically a mediocre smear campaign against Bizzclaw and Nightmare in an attempt to shame them and get FUBAR unbanned. After that cooled down, Baracus began to play the game correctly. He role payed, fought in wars, and was a pretty cool guy. He just had a bit of a hot head and had a tendency to argue. One day he got in an argument with staff over god knows what and was pretty disrespectful, but everything was cleared up in the end. It wasn't so much that he was a bad guy or did ban worthy things a lot, there was just a lot of tension between him and the staff over things that had happened. After that, he spoke with Eiji I believe and stated that he was leaving the server, and that's that. He was never banned. We had no reason to ban him, so we didn't. He can come back any time he wants.

And lastly, Ziggy.

Ziggy was the kind of guy that you just didn't like after 5 minutes of taking to him.
At first, I was pretty good friends with him, and defended him in a few verbal fights on the server. I liked him and thought he was a cool guy with cool PACs. I actually persuaded Bizzclaw and Nightmare not to ban him more than once. But I could only keep him from getting banned for so long. Eventually I talked to him and told him either he needed to stop or I was going to ban him myself. He calmed down for awhile, but always liked to push peoples' buttons. He left the server for about a month, and then came back and acted exactly like he had before, only 5 times worse. Red flags everywhere. He was extremely disrespectful to a lot of our players. I mean, a LOT of players. He was very fond of racial slurs too. Anyway, he basicly turned into a giant minge and his sole purpose was to piss other people off and cause them as much pain as possible. He was banned here and there over the last two months, but the final straw was accusing Bizzclaw of stealing work from someone else when in fact he stole Bizzclaws PAC that he was being allowed to use, changed a part or two, and labeled it his own. It was absolutely uncalled for. So he was promptly banned.

I don't know if they have anything to do with why players are afraid to stand up and say "hey, you guys are doing this when you should be doing that" but I took the time to type this out (on my phone, no less) at 2 am, so appreciate it. Razz

Seriously though, we don't have a problem with people offering constructive criticism, just don't be a dick about it. That should go without saying.

Anyway, thanks for reading this (the few that actually will).

1st Forum Overlord
1st Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Time to pour out my soul, Season 2, LES DUEX THIS.   Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:56 am

Alaska sums the whole thing up in a nutshell, and I have to say, that's the nice version.

PostSubject: Re: Time to pour out my soul, Season 2, LES DUEX THIS.   Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:45 am

TL;IREP(I read every post)

Thank you Alaska, for shedding, well, floodlights on the situation for people that weren't actually there. Well I was kind of there for the Fucked Up Beyond All Repairiningininginigning, doing stuff in other games as FUBER and company did stuff in mien kraft (Mainly shout a lot about guns dropping from sheep and obsidian paxles)
Back to top Go down
Raelor
Ban

PostSubject: Re: Time to pour out my soul, Season 2, LES DUEX THIS.   Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:05 pm

Wow. This thread is just full of stupidity. And don't delete my post because I am allowed to state my opinion as said earlier my bizzclaw in this thread. Baracus and the A-Team left because you BANNED US for raiding a base. End of story. YOu have warped your own rules so much and turned the server into a care-bear-fest is why we left. YOu also didn't like Baracus and said so in a steam message the second something happened. That is just silly. IF you don't want raiding, just change the focking rules.

Edit: I was there when we were banned for the record, if it comes up.

Edit2: Well...my avatar is too large.

Edit3: Baracus is still banned from everything except the server. BTW

<3 Murdock.

Last edited by Raelor on Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:12 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alaska XCIII
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Time to pour out my soul, Season 2, LES DUEX THIS.   Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:06 pm

Yeah, no problem. Hopefully this will help some people understand what actually happened.

Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Time to pour out my soul, Season 2, LES DUEX THIS.   Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:08 pm

Yeah, Murdock. That's not what happened. Like. At all.

We didn't ban you because you raided a base, that's just retarded. Get off your high horse and stop being a little troll and then we'll talk. We welcome raiding as long as you follow the rules, which you didn't. You were disrespectful and had no regard for the server or the people in it. Also, no one said they hate Baracus. So I don't know where you go that information. I have no problem with Baracus and defended him on multiple occasions. He isn't banned and is welcome back if he chooses to come back. You, on the other hand, are not.

Ban

PostSubject: Re: Time to pour out my soul, Season 2, LES DUEX THIS.   Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:14 pm

":F|F: Bizzclaw: Lol I banned Ziggy so you're RDMing?
:F|F: Bizzclaw: thanks
Greenbere14: wat
:F|F: Bizzclaw: FInally a good excuse to get riddd of you.
Greenbere14: wat
Greenbere14: I raided a bar
Greenbere14: That says "NO B.A. BARACUS"
:F|F: Bizzclaw: You're banned

Exact steam log from a convo when bizzclaw heard about the event, so please tell me the "mature" owner did not hate him.

Last edited by Raelor on Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alaska XCIII
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Time to pour out my soul, Season 2, LES DUEX THIS.   Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:17 pm

*slow clap* what a genius.

That whole thing was cleared up, and we had a talk with the owner of the bar and we were wrong. We admitted it. It's even in the rules. So I don't know what you're acting so triumphant about.

You're fighting a losing battle, man. So good luck with that Smile

Ban

PostSubject: Re: Time to pour out my soul, Season 2, LES DUEX THIS.   Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:21 pm

I know I'm fighting a losing battle. Thats because battles are outlawed on the server because if you so much as touch someone THEY CALL ADMINNNNNNNNNNN. HE TOUCHED ME!!!!  I remember when it was commonplace to see groups/clans fighting every other day or so, as wasteland life should be. Not carebear communities. Thats all. I've moved on, but when I heard about this crap again, I figured you know, I'd come represent the accused party. We were banned and the admins were glad to be rid of us. Nobody appreciates PVP anymore.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raelor
Ban

PostSubject: Re: Time to pour out my soul, Season 2, LES DUEX THIS.   Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:24 pm

Alaska XCIII wrote:
*slow clap* what a genius.

That whole thing was cleared up, and we had a talk with the owner of the bar and we were wrong. We admitted it. It's even in the rules. So I don't know what you're acting so triumphant about.

The whole thing was not cleared up, because you never talked to Baracus about it. Just your own little carebear community. He was secretly banned from the server at first by I.P. and no-one mentioned anything about that. He had to connect via Proxy. So sure, sit there in your own little love-shack and tell yourselves what you need.

Last edited by Raelor on Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alaska XCIII
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Time to pour out my soul, Season 2, LES DUEX THIS.   Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:26 pm

You obviously know absolutely nothing about what's going on, but okay. Keep pretending you're fighting the good fight and make your actions justified. Whatever helps you get through the day, friend.

Ban

PostSubject: Re: Time to pour out my soul, Season 2, LES DUEX THIS.   Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:27 pm

I am also curious as to why we were actually banned if not for raiding a base. Because that's what it was. A base with a locked door, in violation of your own rules I might add. I still remember the event clearly. But you were not there, as I recall Alaska. Unless of course you were under a different name. Only Sloan was there, being a foul-mouthed asshole at us.

Edit: Since I know nothing(Jon Snow) of what's going on, please do explain, since I am a first-party participant and you I believe are not Wink

Edit 2: P.S. Bacon, I still love you tho

Edit3: Also, I believe Bizzclaw was still butt-hurt over getting his asswhoop'd in Minecraft when the ban was decided.. Yeah that sounds right. Which you had no part of.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Time to pour out my soul, Season 2, LES DUEX THIS.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next