HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

This would be an awesome gun! (I THINK THIS IS A GOOD IDEA!)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anchorman
Retiree

PostSubject: This would be an awesome gun! (I THINK THIS IS A GOOD IDEA!)   Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:15 pm

So I was thinking of more pulse weapons and this came to my head, there has been many events lately and they give pulse rifles if you kill combine. So one of my friends actually had one and he was walking around with it, and I thought hey........it would be cool if you could actually make that gun. I honestly think it would be an amazing gun! We could have a pulse LMG and a Pulse Rifle, the pulse rifle would be able to hold 50 rounds and it would take pulse ammo. Anyways, so this gun should be able to have an acog as a attachment and maybe even some combine energy balls. This weapon could be extremely rare, or the tool required to make it could be very expensive. Either way I think this is a great idea because the gun runs smooth and it really would be cool if it was possible to make it. I also suggest that the gun should have a backstory. Which would be extremely easy to make because in the Half Life 2 series it is known as a standard weapon given to a combine soldier. So another suggestion would be that this gun could be a really rare combine drop like the Barret. I also think that this gun could do 50-60 damage.

Please think about this, I know it might take some effort but I think it would payoff!

Thank You For Your Time Staff And Community!  bom 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: This would be an awesome gun! (I THINK THIS IS A GOOD IDEA!)   Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:51 pm

from what I heard, it was an available gun, but when they switched to CWM, they couldnt port the gun to that mod. the Pulse LMG and Sniper are a miracle and a unique weapon ONLY to FF because Bizzclaw managed to get a hold of the CWM maker and had him help out make these guns.

we are actually debating wether or not to switch from CWM to FA:S from the same creator.

also, 50 to 60 DMG on a gun that has a 350 RPM? I be forced to play Darksouls for the rest of my life than have this kind of damage on this kind of weapon.

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alaska XCIII
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: This would be an awesome gun! (I THINK THIS IS A GOOD IDEA!)   Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:30 pm

Sadly, there is no way for us to implement the pulse rifle. We tried a long time ago, and again fairly recently and it's just not possible with the Customizable Wep. pack that we use on the server.

However, this does not mean we have limited pulse weapons to only LMGs and Snipers. Bizzclaw and I have been tossing the idea around of a pulse revolver and other pulse weapons to give some diversity to the scientist's arsenal. It's not a definite, but it's on the "drawing board" so to speak.

PostSubject: Re: This would be an awesome gun! (I THINK THIS IS A GOOD IDEA!)   Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:39 pm

Before you add different pulse weapons I think that the Pulse LMG's ACOG should be fixed...
The default iron sights are horrible, and putting an ACOG doesn't do anything. This could be quickly fixed (in my opinion, I tend to hip fire a lot more than I actually aim anything) by allowing a laser to be added, JUST to compensate for the borked ACOG.

Never pet a burning dog.

Feels fuckin' good to kill I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: This would be an awesome gun! (I THINK THIS IS A GOOD IDEA!)   Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:52 pm

Yes, the pulse LMG has to be fixed in that respect. however, if there was such a thing as a pulse revolver, i would be the first with one around, guarenteed

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alaska XCIII
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: This would be an awesome gun! (I THINK THIS IS A GOOD IDEA!)   Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:43 pm

There's one that I used to use when I first got Gmod13, it was a combine revolver that shot pulse rounds and they exploded upon impact, but didn't do enough damage to kill instantly. It took 2-3 shots to kill a combine soldier, so it would be pretty neat to see in the server.

PostSubject: Re: This would be an awesome gun! (I THINK THIS IS A GOOD IDEA!)   Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:57 pm

Alaska XCIII wrote:
There's one that I used to use when I first got Gmod13, it was a combine revolver that shot pulse rounds and they exploded upon impact, but didn't do enough damage to kill instantly. It took 2-3 shots to kill a combine soldier, so it would be pretty neat to see in the server.

YES. all of my YES

HUEG BLAK DOODS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tactical Bacon

PostSubject: Re: This would be an awesome gun! (I THINK THIS IS A GOOD IDEA!)   Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:06 pm

On a some what related note, when are we switching over to FA:S?
And if so, are we going to port the Pulse LMG/Pulse Sniper/Add in the Pulse Rifle (if it is at all possible)?

Never pet a burning dog.

Feels fuckin' good to kill I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: This would be an awesome gun! (I THINK THIS IS A GOOD IDEA!)   Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:35 am

Jeff Belinger wrote:
from what I heard, it was an available gun, but when they switched to CWM, they couldnt port the gun to that mod. the Pulse LMG and Sniper are a miracle and a unique weapon ONLY to FF because Bizzclaw managed to get a hold of the CWM maker and had him help out make these guns.

I didn't need the help of the maker to make those.. I made them myself. Also I don't know why but no matter why it does this, but I've actually integrated the pulse rifle in to CW, but it REFUSES TO WORK WITH THE EQUIPMENT MENU. I don't know why, it just wont' work. I've tried everything, but it's pulling some magical crap. Anyways, Maybe I'll take a look at it later.

Also there's a lot of issues with FAS. I'm going to wait until it gets more updated because it's changing quite regularly and if I added it to postnuke it would quickly become outdated and miss out on a lot of he cool new features he's implementing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: This would be an awesome gun! (I THINK THIS IS A GOOD IDEA!)   Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:56 am

Bizzclaw wrote:
Jeff Belinger wrote:

I didn't need the help of the maker to make those.. I made them myself. Also I don't know why but no matter why it does this, but I've actually integrated the pulse rifle in to CW, but it REFUSES TO WORK WITH THE EQUIPMENT MENU. I don't know why, it just wont' work. I've tried everything, but it's pulling some magical crap. Anyways, Maybe I'll take a look at it later.

Also there's a lot of issues with FAS. I'm going to wait until it gets more updated because it's changing quite regularly and if I added it to postnuke it would quickly become outdated and miss out on a lot of he cool new features he's implementing.

Apologies for saying you needed the CW mod creator for help, that was what I heard between the vines. I believe you when you say you did it yourself, hell, you fucking took a gamemode and singlehandedly turned it from a half broken mess into the glorious thing we are playing.l

HUEG BLAK DOODS
Back to top Go down
View user profile

This would be an awesome gun! (I THINK THIS IS A GOOD IDEA!)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1