HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent

Share | 

[survey] how far is too far?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
:F|F: Arisen Demon
Retiree

PostSubject: [survey] how far is too far?   Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:32 am

What kind of roleplay is too far? What kind of ideas do you think should be outlawed on the server and what is acceptable under roleplay circumstances?

Post your ideas in the comments section, we would really appreciate your feedback. This is an important issue as of late.

View user profile
Comrade Yakov

PostSubject: Just my opinionJJJu   Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:37 pm

I thoroughly believe that if a potentially offensive stance is taken into a role-play scenario or subject/object, the player/author of such stance must behave accordingly, and be flexible to other's toleration of the resemblance. An example: If a player takes up the position of a nazi, they must role-play based on the role. However, the player should not directly impose a judgment out-of-character towards a player. (If the offender must, state in OOC they are simply RP'ing and mean no offence on a personal level.) The offender (in this case, nazi) should not be completely consumed by hated for the example Hebrew. Not even in-character. A little hated I-C is okay, but don't overbear the message with "verbal inferno."
Also, let's be honest. Nazis are everywhere in movies and video games. (Even in games like Metro, which is related to PNRP only because it takes place in an apocalypse supported by nuclear cataclysm.)
Also, if you had to ask me, I think the Ku Klux Klan should be outlawed on the server. Hitler had (false) reasons to purge the Jewish, but the KKK just hated African Americans and other races simply out of hatred.
Stick to these guidelines and nobody is offended, nobody is blinded by one segregation cause, and hopefully an increase in role-play experience and immersion takes place.

Last edited by SpRaY_N_PrAy on Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : More detail and explanation)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xxFalconArasxx

PostSubject: Re: [survey] how far is too far?   Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:49 pm

Is this about Jeff Belinger's accusation of the Nazism that ValidTarget was supposedly practicing?

I don't think that's anything too severe. If someone wants to play as a Nazi then he should be allowed if it's for role playing reasons (as long as it isn't used for offensive purposes or to put down any targeted people). Post apocalyptic games like Metro 2033, Metro Last Light, Wolfenstein The New Order, and Battletanx 2 have a Nazi Fourth Reich Faction. So should those games be banned? Not at all. It's fairly RP friendly. I role play as a Stalin worshiping Communist, and I have to say that Stalin is a far worse scum than Hitler ever was. Half of the Lithuanian population (I'm Lithuanian by the way) was basically obliterated because of him, and Ukraine suffered 8 million deaths to his Ukrainian Forced Famine, yet I have no problems using him. I also had a sort of Wehrmacht PAC outfit that I once used, but it wasn't for any offensive reasons and I wouldn't mind using it again for role playing. I think it makes a good villain faction depending on how it's used.

The events of World War 2 have passed 70 years ago. I don't think such a thing could be considered offensive anymore. Tragic events should normally break the offensive barrier after a few decades.

Jeff Belinger I think misunderstood Valid Targets motives and overreacted. Perhaps he's just more sensitive to it than most are, which is quite understandable (his Steam profile shows that he's Canadian which I know has a lot of strict laws on Nazism and Holocaust Denial, and has a high Jewish population), but sometimes people have got to let it go and just enjoy themselves, because the sad truth is that a single server cannot abide to all the ideals of every individual.

Last edited by xxFalconArasxx on Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:59 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: [survey] how far is too far?   Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:00 pm

Back to top Go down
Bizz
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: [survey] how far is too far?   Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:33 am

Copy and pasted from valid's player report: Quite frankly I don't have a problem with it as long as he's going about it right. Now if he was going around roleplaying as the anti-Jewish Nazi, persecuting anyone on the server for being Jewish, we would have an issue, however, keep in mind that some of the ideals of the Nazi party could be interestingly carried out in a post apocalyptic world, for instance in the Metro Game series, a faction that owns part of the metro is such group, they freely refer to themselves as Nazis, and their leader is referred to as the Fuhrer. They even mix German in to their speech, however, they where not against the Jewish People, they prosecuted Mutants; Daily they would measure people's skulls and if they where found to not have the proper proportions, they where found to be a mutant and executed. These sort of things are fine because if it's a discrimination against something that isn't in the real world, such as your mutation level or the ideals of a faction your in, this is fine. As long as they aren't killing people for things such as race, religion, ect then it should be okay. They must also be sure not to breach NLR. On that note, remember that if there is more than one town, and a faction sets one of the nonstandard towns (Nonstandard being not the closest to spawn) up for use, they have control over it's population and thus can punish their citizens based on laws they see fit.

Side note: Did you know some maps we play on even have Nazi symbols and bases built in to them? Stantsiya has a designated "Nazi" camp in it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
Bestegold K Redgold

PostSubject: Re: [survey] how far is too far?   Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:21 pm

this has been a question for years. but in the end the answers are always the same: Everything. People are offended by things, but every person is differently offended on different things. s to ask what is "too far" is like asking what is to much candy to a 8 year old kid. we know a ball park estimate but not a exact limit. So with that i say:
nothing racist, follow server rules, and try to keep real life and RP apart.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xxFalconArasxx

PostSubject: Re: [survey] how far is too far?   Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:04 pm

Bestegold K Redgold wrote:
this has been a question for years. but in the end the answers are always the same: Everything. People are offended by things, but every person is differently offended on different things. s to ask what is "too far" is like asking what is to much candy to a 8 year old kid. we know a ball park estimate but not a exact limit. So with that i say:
nothing racist, follow server rules, and try to keep real life and RP apart.

This!        ^

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [survey] how far is too far?   

Back to top Go down

[survey] how far is too far?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Fallout Decay :: Fallout Decay General Discussion-
Jump to: