HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

Donator compensation.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Give the donators their resources a month after reset?
Yes
23%
 23% [ 3 ]
No
77%
 77% [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 13

AuthorMessage
Mushroom
1st Forum Overlord
1st Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Donator compensation.    Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:55 pm

Donators will keep their rank, but to keep the game balanced in the beginning, all those who have donated before December 25th (the sale, roughly) will re receive all of the resources they donated for, but only after a month as to keep the pacing as balanced as possible. We truly value the opinions of our donators, so if you have any suggestions of how you think it should happen, don't be afraid to post below!

Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: Donator compensation.    Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:13 pm

is this retroactive to all donations done previously? im legitimately curious.

curious as if this is a positive response (which i hope it isnt), it would create an XBOX HUEG disparity between players... again.

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Donator compensation.    Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:15 am

Edited to clear up some confusion.
That's what we want to avoid Jeff, but these people have given us money, and we've made promises we have to keep. We can't just say "thanks for the money" and take away one of the donation perks that was promised. It's just the way it is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: Donator compensation.    Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:56 am

Point is we already got those ressources and spent them on our gear and food and whatnot, this is going to make a huge backlash down the line and I don't feel like getting the ire of fucking everyone when I suddenly a crap ton of ressources again like I have now. Seriously, having shit Tom of ressources is fun for a few days, but then you're left with that "what do I do with this pile of ressources". I started making a bunch of cars, over a dozen of them at my peak, I made 13 nuclear generators and sold 7, made so many solar panels it was stupid and I still had retarded amounts of ressources, and I swear all of it was gained by scavenging and selling items at a profit. Ressources engenders more ressources if its not expendable. Best example I can give are the 30+ worms that Rittz has in game, I mean, you think 10 miners is whack?

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Validtarget
Ban

PostSubject: Re: Donator compensation.    Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:02 pm

Miners cost more total than worms do, still 30 worms to fook damn

When I see this if I try to join the server, it comes as a relief to me. Relief of not being afraid of being framed for tons of shit I didn't do. Relief for not being afraid of messing up a rule. Relief for not having to deal with the admins of Frostburnt. And relief to go to a server where my shots kill stuff, people don't hate me for no reason, and where I can do whatever I want and be treated like a normal person, not a rat held under a microscope under so much pressure to not mess up.

User has been permanatly banned from these forums for the reason "Doesn't want to be here" by Bizzclaw - Honestly I should of banned you a long time ago. And you say you're tired of being treated like "A rat under a microscope"? Sorry, but you've duped, exploited and RDM'd. What did you expect?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tactical Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Donator compensation.    Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:35 pm

Mushroom wrote:
Donators will keep their rank, but to keep the game balanced in the beginning, all those who have donated before December 25th (the sale, roughly) will re receive all of the resources they donated for, but only after a month as to keep the pacing as balanced as possible.

Wait, what? Does this mean that donators will have their resources for a month, after that times up, it's gone?
Excuse me for being not being able to understand it :p

Never pet a burning dog.

Feels fuckin' good to kill I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Validtarget
Ban

PostSubject: Re: Donator compensation.    Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:38 pm

It means that after a month donators will receive there resources then they can keep em fureveh

When I see this if I try to join the server, it comes as a relief to me. Relief of not being afraid of being framed for tons of shit I didn't do. Relief for not being afraid of messing up a rule. Relief for not having to deal with the admins of Frostburnt. And relief to go to a server where my shots kill stuff, people don't hate me for no reason, and where I can do whatever I want and be treated like a normal person, not a rat held under a microscope under so much pressure to not mess up.

User has been permanatly banned from these forums for the reason "Doesn't want to be here" by Bizzclaw - Honestly I should of banned you a long time ago. And you say you're tired of being treated like "A rat under a microscope"? Sorry, but you've duped, exploited and RDM'd. What did you expect?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: Donator compensation.    Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:35 pm

don't give the ressources back to the donators, myself included. this is a bad idea. a bad idea that will only make everything unbalanced again. I had my ressources, i used them, was fun while i had them, and still mostly do, but seriously, don't give us back our ressource we already spent once. it just completely breaks the whole point of the server reset.

HUEG BLAK DOODS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Donator compensation.    Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:37 pm

I'll put it to a vote.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
Alaska XCIII
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Donator compensation.    Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:29 pm

That would break the economy so fucking fast it's not even funny.

PostSubject: Re: Donator compensation.    Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:04 pm

Alaska XCIII wrote:
That would break the economy so fucking fast it's not even funny.
this guy's got it

HUEG BLAK DOODS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Badger324

PostSubject: Re: Donator compensation.    Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:52 pm

I read that wrong, -1 positive vote. I vote against this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: Donator compensation.    Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:52 pm

sorry mate, but so far, a crushing majority of the players, myself included, dont want this to happen. i suggest we leave the poll open for another 18 hours before closing it.

HUEG BLAK DOODS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rittz

PostSubject: Re: Donator compensation.    Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:46 pm

I dunno why people are saying no? A month from now everyone will be fairly recovered from the reset and it wont matter if donators get their resources back.....

On another note my opinion is you donate to help the server thrive and survive and keep things running not for the cheesy benefits. So I don't see why its even a big deal if they get their resources back or not, sure you wanna do something nice for your donators considering they are helping fund the server and keep it alive but after a reset for them to get oooodles of teh goods would make it incredibly hard for others who don't have the money/want to donate. It would turn the game mode into a pay to win style thing for the first month or so if you give em the resources right off the bat.

PostSubject: Re: Donator compensation.    Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:25 pm

A month wont take long before a good faction get atleast 28 barrets.Really this should be a yes. No other reason for it not to be. Also my RESOURCES
Back to top Go down
Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: Donator compensation.    Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:51 pm

Yummy wrote:
A month wont take long before a good faction get atleast 28 barrets.Really this should be a yes. No other reason for it not to be. Also my RESOURCES
exactly why this shouldn't happen. "MUH RESURCES".

HUEG BLAK DOODS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Necrox

PostSubject: Re: Donator compensation.    Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:58 am

Question: Do us donators re-receive the donator packages that we all lovingly paid for?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: Donator compensation.    Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:00 pm

Necrox wrote:
Question: Do us donators re-receive the donator packages that we all lovingly paid for?

We keep our priviledge to craft the VIP stuff, we might keep the XP, but we're not getting the ressources. this is what we've been talking abbout the whole time. read the entire thread before asking questions because you might get the answer yourself

HUEG BLAK DOODS
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Donator compensation.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1