Global server re-set

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mushroom
1st Forum Overlord
1st Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Global server re-set   Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:55 pm

It's been a crazy year and It's time to start a new, With PNRP advancing and less and less bugs appearing, we will be moving from Alpha to Beta. With the way Alpha was their were ways to dupe resources, and unlimited ammo. Due to these bugs players were able to reach end game within a unprecedented amount of time, as a result we will be making the ground equal again.
Most of these bugs have been fixed and we are officially moving from Alpha to Beta, with the move all status's will be re-set and inventory's will be wiped. Donators will be compensated as seen here http://www.frostburnt.com/t910-donator-compensation#6720
We discovered that an issue where you could store a negative amount of anything in a locker, and it would give you the positive amount. We found out that alot of people where abusing this, and many more bugs that have since been patched.

We hope you guys enjoy the Beta of our game!

Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: Global server re-set   Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:03 pm

welp, the ride had to end at one point.

if all assets are going to zero, does that mean RP goes back to 0 as well?

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Global server re-set   Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:22 pm

I don't see how having to actually scavenge for resources and surviving in a world where no one 10 sonic miners is going to negatively impact the rolelpay of the server. This is something that's been coming for a long time, months ago when we did the first reset the gamemode, it was in easy mode. For the longest time the server was operating in easy mode and everyone got everything easily, and we discovered how many bugs where exploited as well. If you're upset then be mad at people who exploit bugs and don't tell admins about it. That goes for everyone, if you see someone exploiting a bug and you don't report it, you are helping to compromise the server for everyone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
Alaska XCIII
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Global server re-set   Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:26 pm

Ill be on the teamspeak in like half an hour if anyone wants to fill me in on what's been going on in the last two days.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/AlaskaXCIII
Validtarget
Ban

PostSubject: Re: Global server re-set   Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:50 pm

Stupid cars duping .-.

When I see this if I try to join the server, it comes as a relief to me. Relief of not being afraid of being framed for tons of shit I didn't do. Relief for not being afraid of messing up a rule. Relief for not having to deal with the admins of Frostburnt. And relief to go to a server where my shots kill stuff, people don't hate me for no reason, and where I can do whatever I want and be treated like a normal person, not a rat held under a microscope under so much pressure to not mess up.

User has been permanatly banned from these forums for the reason "Doesn't want to be here" by Bizzclaw - Honestly I should of banned you a long time ago. And you say you're tired of being treated like "A rat under a microscope"? Sorry, but you've duped, exploited and RDM'd. What did you expect?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
[Sea]Rice RP

PostSubject: Re: Global server re-set   Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:57 pm

My Apc......... the only thing I loved

View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Global server re-set   Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:12 am

Alaska XCIII wrote:
Ill be on the teamspeak in like half an hour if anyone wants to fill me in on what's been going on in the last two days.
Please. This.
Back to top Go down
Tactical Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Global server re-set   Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:22 am

One thing you should do is make cars, barrels, and other items you can scavenge more rare, but make your hunger and thirst go down slower. As in two cans of beans will be enough to keep you filled for an hour, but I dunno, I just want things to be more 'realistic'. Also ghouls and zombies more rare. I mean like, it's a freaking desert in the middle of NOWHERE, why are there so many ghouls and zombies?
Now, the said 'logic' may not apply everywhere, in heavily populated urban areas there's understandably, going to be a lot more things that you have to kill.

And lastly... For all intends and purposes, let there be a Conglomerate faction?

Never pet a burning dog.

Feels fuckin' good to kill I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Validtarget
Ban

PostSubject: Re: Global server re-set   Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:32 am

If we are gonna have this reset take away the loss of xp from death, I was having a hard enough time trying to get exp without the loss and now there is no point. I mean when it was there it took me about 3 months to get lvl 5 athletics. I havnt been able to upgrade my skills a single bit since then because of stupid deaths

When I see this if I try to join the server, it comes as a relief to me. Relief of not being afraid of being framed for tons of shit I didn't do. Relief for not being afraid of messing up a rule. Relief for not having to deal with the admins of Frostburnt. And relief to go to a server where my shots kill stuff, people don't hate me for no reason, and where I can do whatever I want and be treated like a normal person, not a rat held under a microscope under so much pressure to not mess up.

User has been permanatly banned from these forums for the reason "Doesn't want to be here" by Bizzclaw - Honestly I should of banned you a long time ago. And you say you're tired of being treated like "A rat under a microscope"? Sorry, but you've duped, exploited and RDM'd. What did you expect?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tactical Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Global server re-set   Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:59 am

Just make it lower.

And make zombies and ghouls give more than the standard 1 XP, it's going to take a looooong time to get 3,200 zombie/ghoul deaths...

Never pet a burning dog.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Validtarget
Ban

PostSubject: Re: Global server re-set   Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:14 am

I would actually rather the restart sooner than later, I mean give people a day to cause all hell but still, we know it is gonna be reset, why delay the inevitable.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Global server re-set   Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:32 am

To find all the bugs that haven't already been fixed, such as vehicle duping issues that may still be around.
Back to top Go down
Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: Global server re-set   Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:45 am

Bizzclaw wrote:
I don't see how having to actually scavenge for resources and surviving in a world where no one 10 sonic miners is going to negatively impact the rolelpay of the server.  This is something that's been coming for a long time, months ago when we did the first reset the gamemode, it was in easy mode. For the longest time the server was operating in easy mode and everyone got everything easily, and we discovered how many bugs where exploited as well. If you're upset then be mad at people who exploit bugs and don't tell admins about it. That goes for everyone, if you see someone exploiting a bug and you don't report it, you are helping to compromise the server for everyone.

Again, I'm being understood wrong, fucking fuck.

I'm actually quite happy we are having a reset. Econ the playing field and all that jazz.
Language barriers suck...

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rittz

PostSubject: Re: Global server re-set   Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:46 am

Woot

StormySunrise

PostSubject: Re: Global server re-set   Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:33 am

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK ME!
Welp im not gonna go grind for all that exp no sireee 1 exp per ghoul? nope, and what about my flashlight upgrade, is all that hard work on getting those pumkins invalid?

117'th Legion Remnant

99% Caustic Chloride Mustard Gas Toxic 24/7
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Walkingkiller

PostSubject: Re: Global server re-set   Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:04 pm

I for one am glad for this restart, it means everyone is going to be on the same playing field and it means power will shift and change with new groups being formed, old ones re-surfacing, and some dieing off. I don't see Rp dieing any more than it did when people had Vendors in the middle of roads and outside other peoples bases, if anything RP is going to be stronger than it was before with players interacting more because they don't need to sit in their base waiting for miners and grubs. Personally I agree with most other people in increasing the amount of XP you get from killing zombies and ghouls because it seems if you REALLY want to level, you have to go around and farm Antlion guards and mounds to even attempt to level, but thats my rant. I look forward to see familiar names after the wipe and not have people rage quit. See you all there! (Hope this restart is sooner rather than later.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: Global server re-set   Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:38 pm

not THAT equal, unfortunately...

one month after the reset, donators will receive ressources equivalent to their donations.
here's the thread http://www.frostburnt.com/t910-donator-compensation#6743

HUEG BLAK DOODS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Validtarget
Ban

PostSubject: Re: Global server re-set   Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:00 pm

What if donators lost those resources ? I mean necrox got like 30k+ of each out of that. Now he can just log on in a month and get it all back? No penalty?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tactical Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Global server re-set   Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:39 pm

Time for me to 'rebuild' the Legion... :p

Honestly, in a couple of months I'm going to be back in the same position I am today, so will everyone else. Older people still have that knowledge and experience from before the reset, and playing fields will never be equal.

I don't like the concept of paying for resources, it's pretty much on the border line of, 'Pay To Win', you just started? Give us 20$ after the reset, and you'll be the most OP motha-fucker in the wasteland! Why? Because you'll have 2,230 of every resources, 800 XP, DOUBLE XP, and access to a new arsenal of weaponry, heck, you can craft the Glock 18 and the G36A1 from ANY class!

Or, if you gave us a butt-ton of money before the reset you'll have 102430124087124987123981298192873418927438912731249812731247 resources AND 10928301823812490128390128390821893892809318290 XP, and the same thing said above.

Now, will the exact same thing happen? Probably not. That was a hyperbole, but the 20$ is likely. Or life-time donator. Now, I realize that making a separate class for each staff position is a pain in da ass, but when I was in Alaska's stranded server he was like, 'omg must let bekkin abose' and bam, a 'VIP Super admin' class was born and I was the only one in it. If you don't want to have to pay for donator, you can just work for it, get admin or anything higher and BAM, you get full donator privileges, albeit you don't get double XP (I think), any XP, any resources, just the ability to craft things.

Kinda the end of my rant, and I'm sad to see my two flashlight upgrades, wolverine claws, grenades, glow sticks, and four presents (for some very special people IF they ever come back) go.
Well, RIP in peace.

Never pet a burning dog.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Validtarget
Ban

PostSubject: Re: Global server re-set   Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:20 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Global server re-set   Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:44 pm

Well what are we supposed to do about the donators? they gave us their money.. we can't just shaft them and take away one of the things they donated for. If you have a better suggestion of how we can compensate them, I'd love to hear it. I really would, because I feel the exact same way.
Also do keep in mind that after the reset resources will be a lot scarcer, I'm not going to ever put the limit past 20 (It used to be 30 normally) and the gamemode has completely changed with ghouls, gunpowder and melee weapons. Not to mention, a lot of communities got to where they where by the negative deposit glitch... Since a lot of people are unhappy about the XP amount from NPC's, I may look in to changing it. This is why we're giving you and ourselves a week to prepare for this, so we can get feedback like that from you guys because we want the server to be fun. Thank you for your valuable feedback, we'll see what we can do.
Back to top Go down
Validtarget
Ban

PostSubject: Re: Global server re-set   Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:47 pm

I have never heard about the negative glitch before crazy told you and I get around and talk to alot of people, if someone really was exploiting that why would they even trade? I have never seen a big community not trade, I honestly think no one thought about it and that is a good good thing

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Global server re-set   Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:49 pm

That's what we thought until I found out a way to view how players get resources... Regardless Back to experience, how much experience do you guys think is appropriate for what NPC?
Back to top Go down
Validtarget
Ban

PostSubject: Re: Global server re-set   Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:15 pm

zombie should be 1 or 2 cus dey easy Ghouls should be about 5-9 cus dey ghouls and antlions I believe should be 1 xp but if you kill a whole swarm you can get like a 20 xp bonus or some shiz IDKKKKK

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: Global server re-set   Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:19 pm

Validtarget wrote:
What if donators lost those resources ? I mean necrox got like 30k+ of each out of that. Now he can just log on in a month and get it all back? No penalty?
i usually dont agree with you, but this is exactly what i'm trying to prevent. we had our ressources once. we used them. want more? donate more. this is what should be done.

HUEG BLAK DOODS
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Global server re-set
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next