HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

Global server re-set

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Tactical Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Global server re-set   Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:33 pm

As a donator, you SHOULD be allowed to have access to a even (more) bigger arsenal of weaponry. A fully automatic shotgun, general purpose machine gun, a fully automatic pistol, dual pistols, and a pretty decent assault rifle isn't going to cut it.

Personally, I would like for donators to be able to craft bullpups, some more SMGs and different turrets?
Turrets:

And lastly, maybe even different types of armor. For now, I'm going to step into regular-non donators. 'Power' armor should be replaced by things more realistic, I mean like, playermodels/PACs usually have people wearing some sort of tactical vest, it's not like they slam armor batteries into their Kevlar to make it 'stronger' at all. Have basic, yet effective Kevlar which will provide the least amount of protection but giving the most mobility. More primitive, yet heavily more effective steel plates, which basically make you into a tank but makes you pretty slow. In real life, a good quality steel plate can run for about 65$, can protect from multiple hits from 7.62x51mm (like three), but is pretty damned heavy, seven pounds a plate. These are standard user protective items.

For donators, a different option is given. Standing in between Kevlar and steel in terms of protection, ceramic plates are slightly heavier than Kevlar, is more expensive, yet is probably the most effective thing you can get, ceramic plates are used extensively by most modern militarys today.

And lastly, as a somewhat related note, the more things you have in your inventory the slower you are. Just a suggestion.

Never pet a burning dog.

Feels fuckin' good to kill I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StormySunrise

PostSubject: Re: Global server re-set   Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:46 pm

Tactical Bacon wrote:
As a donator, you SHOULD be allowed to have access to a even (more) bigger arsenal of weaponry. A fully automatic shotgun, general purpose machine gun, a fully automatic pistol, dual pistols, and a pretty decent assault rifle isn't going to cut it.

Personally, I would like for donators to be able to craft bullpups, some more SMGs and different turrets?
Turrets:

And lastly, maybe even different types of armor. For now, I'm going to step into regular-non donators. 'Power' armor should be replaced by things more realistic, I mean like, playermodels/PACs usually have people wearing some sort of tactical vest, it's not like they slam armor batteries into their Kevlar to make it 'stronger' at all. Have basic, yet effective Kevlar which will provide the least amount of protection but giving the most mobility. More primitive, yet heavily more effective steel plates, which basically make you into a tank but makes you pretty slow. In real life, a good quality steel plate can run for about 65$, can protect from multiple hits from 7.62x51mm (like three), but is pretty damned heavy, seven pounds a plate. These are standard user protective items.

For donators, a different option is given. Standing in between Kevlar and steel in terms of protection, ceramic plates are slightly heavier than Kevlar, is more expensive, yet is probably the most effective thing you can get, ceramic plates are used extensively by most modern militarys today.

And lastly, as a somewhat related note, the more things you have in your inventory the slower you are. Just a suggestion.

How would you balance these guns and turrets for people who DONT donate, after all we need to make sure that this doesnt become P2W (although with people srsly buying 100K plus fucking pounds of resources it sure looks that way).

117'th Legion Remnant

99% Caustic Chloride Mustard Gas Toxic 24/7
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tactical Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Global server re-set   Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:17 pm

The bullpups and SMGs I'm looking at sure aren't that good, the variety of SMGs I want in are basically MP5s with different upgrades, they're mostly inferior, but they're pretty balanced, rest assured. (Except for the P90, the damage could be lowered to 15 and shoots slightly slower with less hip accuracy)

And the bullpups... The FN200 shoots slower than it's other 5.56x45mm cousin the M16A4, but is slightly more accurate when fired from the hip, worse aimed accuracy, less recoil, and less spread per shot. Also less upgrades. I also have the AK74 in mind, has same recoil to the AK47, less damage, shoots faster, slightly more accurate, less penetrative power, and doesn't have a foregrip :u

And as for the turret, I only want the '7.62x39mm' turret in, it has horrible spread, (similar to the auto-turrets or whatever you would like to call them), fires pretty fast, and doesn't have a lot of damage. But it also has SOME ballistic protection, protecting you from most small arms fire in most areas. Testing was done with standard AK47 ammo, M60 and M16A4 at roughly 25 yards.

Edit: The emplacement turret is actually BETTER than the turret I want too, fires faster, has a lamp, and does more damage.

Never pet a burning dog.

Feels fuckin' good to kill I guess.

Last edited by Tactical Bacon on Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : hue)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: Global server re-set   Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:05 pm

StormySunrise wrote:
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK ME!
Welp im not gonna go grind for all that exp no sireee 1 exp per ghoul? nope, and what about my flashlight upgrade, is all that hard work on getting those pumkins invalid?

yep. hope you enjoyed your loot while it lasted. I enjoyed my stuff and i look forward to having something to work for again. With a server wipe, means that we`ll have to create new characters.

I encourage players to not use your previous name, such as me going back to Jeff Belinger, because if you do, how do you explain how you lost everything?

I'm planning on making my next character be Jeff's younger brother. if you look at my character`s backstory on the BG thread, my character has a family, although only briefly mentioned.

I'm excited to explore who my new character will be. I have already given him his name: David Belinger

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StormySunrise

PostSubject: Re: Global server re-set   Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:36 pm

Jeff Belinger wrote:
StormySunrise wrote:
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK ME!
Welp im not gonna go grind for all that exp no sireee 1 exp per ghoul? nope, and what about my flashlight upgrade, is all that hard work on getting those pumkins invalid?

yep. hope you enjoyed your loot while it lasted. I enjoyed my stuff and i look forward to having something to work for again. With a server wipe, means that we`ll have to create new characters.

I encourage players to not use your previous name, such as me going back to Jeff Belinger, because if you do, how do you explain how you lost everything?

I'm planning on making my next character be Jeff's younger brother. if you look at my character`s backstory on the BG thread, my character has a family, although only briefly mentioned.

I'm excited to explore who my new character will be. I have already given him his name: David Belinger
ill probably be a robot this time around.

117'th Legion Remnant

99% Caustic Chloride Mustard Gas Toxic 24/7
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Validtarget
Ban

PostSubject: Re: Global server re-set   Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:08 pm

Even if someone doesn't know me by my name alot of us have distinctive voices and Im not switching to typing anytime soon

When I see this if I try to join the server, it comes as a relief to me. Relief of not being afraid of being framed for tons of shit I didn't do. Relief for not being afraid of messing up a rule. Relief for not having to deal with the admins of Frostburnt. And relief to go to a server where my shots kill stuff, people don't hate me for no reason, and where I can do whatever I want and be treated like a normal person, not a rat held under a microscope under so much pressure to not mess up.

User has been permanatly banned from these forums for the reason "Doesn't want to be here" by Bizzclaw - Honestly I should of banned you a long time ago. And you say you're tired of being treated like "A rat under a microscope"? Sorry, but you've duped, exploited and RDM'd. What did you expect?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nightmare
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Global server re-set   Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:21 pm

I noticed a lot of you guys were unhappy with the whole money for resources system we were using before. You will be glad to know that I had already talked with James and Alaska a day or two ago about this issue and we have come to the conclusion that donators will no longer be getting resources. as for weather or not players will get more XP when they donate were still working on that so please give me some feedback on that will ya...

Thanks for all your patience we are doing our best to make this reset happen ASAP.

PostSubject: Re: Global server re-set   Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:43 pm

Bizzclaw wrote:
That's what we thought until I found out a way to view how players get resources... Regardless Back to experience, how much experience do you guys think is appropriate for what NPC?

I'll make a list of what enemy should give in terms of XP

Spoiler:

these are the modification that i think could be done and I gave a bit of fluff to the NPCs on how characters view them. mostt old players will say that what i've written here is false and no NPC areany threat to anyone, but im pretty sure everyone once believed they were a threat at some point, and that is what im basing myself on.

*edit*: To adjust my post to what Nightmare has stated, getting resources from donation breaks the fun of the game. the point of the game is to amass ressources, craft, trade, make friends, enemies and go to war with said enemies alongside your friends. Getting ressources from donations should not happen.

However, getting XP from donations is appreciated, especially since I care more about the XP i lose than the resources. Resources are easy to grab, XP is more tedious to earn. which makes it all the more welcome to gain when and if you donate. XP doesnt affect your RP as much as ressources do, unless we take Climbswep into account, which i seriously think we shouldnt have, but that's another issue for another thread.

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raksho

PostSubject: Re: Global server re-set   Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:05 am

If users on this server are so fucking greedy that they abuse exploits just to get ahead of others then fuck that, i'm sorry but i'm just fucking done.
Sorry Frostburnt but this is Raksho signing off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: Global server re-set   Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:34 am

good bye

HUEG BLAK DOODS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xxFalconArasxx

PostSubject: Re: Global server re-set   Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:01 pm

Making everyone restart from scratch sounds like a big risk towards the community. I can't say I like where this is going.

Alaska XCIII
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Global server re-set   Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:47 pm

It's worth it.

And Raksho, people have been abusing exploits since before the first reset, you know that. Don't be dumb.

PostSubject: Re: Global server re-set   Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:16 pm

Alaska XCIII wrote:
It's worth it.

And Raksho, people have been abusing exploits since before the first reset, you know that. Don't be dumb.
This guy, i swear this guy really knows what's up.

+1 for you

HUEG BLAK DOODS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xxFalconArasxx

PostSubject: Re: Global server re-set   Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:05 pm

Alaska XCIII wrote:
It's worth it.

Well at least everything will be re-balanced once again. I just feel that this will create a lot of backlash. It's kind of expected considering the short temper some people have.

Raksho

PostSubject: Re: Global server re-set   Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:24 pm

Alaska XCIII wrote:
It's worth it.

Yeah, but if they can't learn the first time whats going to stop them from doing it again? Then what? Another reset?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Validtarget
Ban

PostSubject: Re: Global server re-set   Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:46 pm

Alot of the glitches that were there are not anymore, you cant do the melon whiskey one anymore and the locker one is fixed as well

When I see this if I try to join the server, it comes as a relief to me. Relief of not being afraid of being framed for tons of shit I didn't do. Relief for not being afraid of messing up a rule. Relief for not having to deal with the admins of Frostburnt. And relief to go to a server where my shots kill stuff, people don't hate me for no reason, and where I can do whatever I want and be treated like a normal person, not a rat held under a microscope under so much pressure to not mess up.

User has been permanatly banned from these forums for the reason "Doesn't want to be here" by Bizzclaw - Honestly I should of banned you a long time ago. And you say you're tired of being treated like "A rat under a microscope"? Sorry, but you've duped, exploited and RDM'd. What did you expect?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Global server re-set   Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:27 pm

We'll can we just keep our character levels and stats
Back to top Go down
Validtarget
Ban

PostSubject: Re: Global server re-set   Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:40 pm

I really wish, I would give up all meh supeh stoof for meh climb swep

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alaska XCIII
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Global server re-set   Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:44 pm

Here's the bottom line:

1. The reset is happening.
2. EVERYTHING is being reset.
3. All known exploits are being fixed to the best of our abilities.
4. New features are coming, and the game is going to become harder.

PostSubject: Re: Global server re-set   Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:45 am

Much harder, I can tell you that folks, from what I heard Alaska said, we are going to be working our asses for a long while before we can say we are out of first stage development

HUEG BLAK DOODS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Comrade Yakov

PostSubject: Re: Global server re-set   Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:33 am

I welcome this change with open arms. Though I lost cars, plants, and catastrophic bulks of resources, it will definitely increase the cooperation and economy between players and everyone will rely on others. It was getting boring from my perspective, anyways.
Also, I can imagine "pistol wars" with other factions when still poor. It's kind of like the equivalent the pistol round in Counter-Strike.

Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: Global server re-set   Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:35 am

no, not pistol wars. one of the major point of the reset is to make sure everyone is using melee weapons. James wants the game to be more melee centric.

HUEG BLAK DOODS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Comrade Yakov

PostSubject: Re: Global server re-set   Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:43 am

I wonder how many people will actually use melee weapons. I can imagine in a silent raid, but otherwise the previous successful wastelanders will immediately look for ranged weapons that may be cheap (pistols) to maintain their superior status among the poorer class of n00bs using peasantry melee weapons.

Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Global server re-set   Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:34 pm

Keep in mind after the reset all of the prices for EVERYTHING has been increased significantly, a lot of changes have been made to the damage variables and other improvements have been made, not to mention the obvious inclusion of an equipped armor system will change things. After the reset things will be a LOT different, and there's more changes to come. After the reset and the armor system is finished, I may resume work on that Riot / Ballistic Shield I had planned.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/ Online
Comrade Yakov

PostSubject: Re: Global server re-set   Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:34 pm

Bizzclaw wrote:
Keep in mind after the reset all of the prices for EVERYTHING has been increased significantly, a lot of changes have been made to the damage variables and other improvements have been made, not to mention the obvious inclusion of an equipped armor system will change things. After the reset things will be a LOT different, and there's more changes to come. After the reset and the armor system is finished, I may resume work on that Riot  / Ballistic Shield I had planned.

Hot DAMN ^   Raksho can go plug his butt. All hail the reset!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Global server re-set
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next