Share | 

New Server Idea: Spacebuild 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ameno-Sagiri
CSC
CSC

PostSubject: New Server Idea: Spacebuild 3   Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:34 pm

I ran this last year, but didn't set up the FastDL properly and I was using an unfavorable 2GB addon. I'm thinking of restarting another Spacebuild 3 server.

Spacebuild 3 is a gamemode/addon for Garry's Mod set on Spacebuild maps where you basically start up on an earth-like planet with air, water, etc.

You can load up cache's and storage units with generators that collect energy, hydrogen, oxygen, and various other gasses, build ships and space stations, and head off the planet into space and visit and terraform other planets and asteroids, like desert planets, purely frozen planets, Toxic planets.

Some planets don't have oxygen, so you won't be able to generate oxygen for instance, you would have to bring a cache with air to that planet with a climate or air regulator turned on so you can breathe in a bubble around it.

There's a decent supply of maps for this gamemode, and as far as I know, it works properly.

If anyone would be interested in this let me know, I will probably start it up in the near future sometime.

I would still like to start that Dissolution server, but there are things with it I am not capable of fixing so that will be some day later on down the road.

The server will have PAC3.

Ban

PostSubject: Re: New Server Idea: Spacebuild 3   Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:45 pm

I would love this butttt my word probably doesnt count foh shiet no moh

When I see this if I try to join the server, it comes as a relief to me. Relief of not being afraid of being framed for tons of shit I didn't do. Relief for not being afraid of messing up a rule. Relief for not having to deal with the admins of Frostburnt. And relief to go to a server where my shots kill stuff, people don't hate me for no reason, and where I can do whatever I want and be treated like a normal person, not a rat held under a microscope under so much pressure to not mess up.

User has been permanatly banned from these forums for the reason "Doesn't want to be here" by Bizzclaw - Honestly I should of banned you a long time ago. And you say you're tired of being treated like "A rat under a microscope"? Sorry, but you've duped, exploited and RDM'd. What did you expect?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
[Sea]Rice RP

PostSubject: Re: New Server Idea: Spacebuild 3   Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:34 pm

A Space Build server would be really fun. I've played on lots of Space Build servers and it was always fun.I'm very interested

View user profile
R.P.McMurphy

PostSubject: Re: New Server Idea: Spacebuild 3   Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:52 am

My only concern would be the limitations of a spacebuild server, in terms of the FPS and the amount if addons, I used to play SB2 alot and was quite good, but when svn downloads for SB3 became mandatory I strayed away from it when these svn's were overloading my computer with files.

To get a larger player base you would need to keep things simple enough for the common man (like me) to access the server and still run the game.

As for PAC I think i would do more of my "Alien / Robot" PAC's that I can't use on PNRP

Also, as part of my personal like of maps, I prefer a map with a 'Quest' in it. I don't remember the map but 3 of the planets had alien artifacts to collect to open a temple on the spawn planet.

Well anyways thats my two cents on the matter,

(Side note I havn't been on the PNRP server due to my computer's motherboard literally bursting into flames, so until my PC order comes in I won't be on)

SpRaY_N_PrAy

PostSubject: Re: New Server Idea: Spacebuild 3   Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:56 am

I like this. Mhm would there be any unique features differing from other SB servers, or would it be a standard version?

Last edited by SpRaY_N_PrAy on Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I can't grammar today.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
:F|F: TheDuncanPro
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: New Server Idea: Spacebuild 3   Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:54 pm

I would enjoy this
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ameno-Sagiri
CSC
CSC

PostSubject: Re: New Server Idea: Spacebuild 3   Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:52 pm

R.P.McMurphy wrote:
My only concern would be the limitations of a spacebuild server, in terms of the FPS and the amount if addons, I used to play SB2 alot and was quite good, but when svn downloads for SB3 became mandatory I strayed away from it when these svn's were overloading my computer with files.

To get a larger player base you would need to keep things simple enough for the common man (like me) to access the server and still run the game.

As for PAC I think i would do more of my "Alien / Robot" PAC's that I can't use on PNRP

Also, as part of my personal like of maps, I prefer a map with a 'Quest' in it. I don't remember the map but 3 of the planets had alien artifacts to collect to open a temple on the spawn planet.

(Side note I havn't been on the PNRP server due to my computer's motherboard literally bursting into flames, so until my PC order comes in I won't be on)

The current revision of Spacebuild I believe is just the gamemode/addon with the standard 90-150MB model/entities pack. I would just put these on the FastDL for auto downloading for first time joiners. It's less content than the PostNuke server so it should be simple.

Now if I was going to use CAP (Carters Addon Pack, which adds Stargates and massive magnitudes of other things), that's a 2GB SVN and I would probably not put that on FastDL. I'm actually thinking of not using it at all because lot's of people will be seeing errors.

The server will be standard but I might find some interesting "fun" addons on a certain website to put on the server to pass time, like a media center/personal Youtube TV's addon, chess, checkers.

Donator
Donator

PostSubject: Re: New Server Idea: Spacebuild 3   Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:10 am

Ameno-Sagiri wrote:
R.P.McMurphy wrote:

The current revision of Spacebuild I believe is just the gamemode/addon with the standard 90-150MB model/entities pack. I would just put these on the FastDL for auto downloading for first time joiners. It's less content than the PostNuke server so it should be simple.

Now if I was going to use CAP (Carters Addon Pack, which adds Stargates and massive magnitudes of other things), that's a 2GB SVN and I would probably not put that on FastDL. I'm actually thinking of not using it at all because lot's of people will be seeing errors.

The server will be standard but I might find some interesting "fun" addons on a certain website to put on the server to pass time, like a media center/personal Youtube TV's addon, chess, checkers.

I think i could like this

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
:F|F: TheDuncanPro
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: New Server Idea: Spacebuild 3   Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:49 pm

Time to work on a USCM PAC
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mushroom
1st Forum Overlord
1st Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: New Server Idea: Spacebuild 3   Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:33 pm