Share | 

Water source rules have been changed.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Water source rules have been changed.   Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:28 pm

We feel that you shouldn't be able to privatize water sources anymore, so you will no longer be able to wall off water sources on maps where they are scarce.

The new rule:
"Some maps we play on have very few water sources. If the amount of water sources where players can drink and can fill their water bottles is few, then these sources cannot be privatized; You can not build private bases around water sources and everyone must be given equal access to water."

However, we will be working on a system in which cultivators can fill barrels of water and set them up with taps in order to make their own water sources which can be taxed.

You can also put the barrels of water in the back of those trucks, might see some interesting role-play with purified water caravans, and some water hijacking scenarios.

If you have any ideas about this system, post below.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
xxFalconArasxx

PostSubject: Re: Water source rules have been changed.   Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:04 am

Seems that we finally have some more in depth rules for handling water sources. I was starting to get tired of all the debating over how water should be used in the game.

StormySunrise

PostSubject: Re: Water source rules have been changed.   Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:14 am

poisoning water sources and water purifiers that require power.

117'th Legion Remnant

99% Caustic Chloride Mustard Gas Toxic 24/7
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Water source rules have been changed.   Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:15 am

Well the water is purified as soon as it gets taken in the barrel since the barrel has a built in filter system. The reason for this is that I want to encourage people to rob water caravans since the only way to transport water is by carrying it by hand or by truck; Adding the barrel to your inventory will dump the water from it, so you have to carry it physically. This is compatible with some of the vehicles we use, so you can finally have a use for your truck.
This is on the server now, but the amounts may be tweaked slightly. If you want to try out the system, it's for cultivators only so maybe it's time to look at new career options guys! I also lowered the price of cooking food significantly, so go people! We need more cultivators!
Also I'm dedicating the next month of my free time working on a tutorial system. We're not getting any new players because the game is complex, I mean it's not rocket science, but it's standard practice for games to have some sort of tutorial system.
Back to top Go down
Ameno-Sagiri
Staff Manager
Staff Manager

PostSubject: Re: Water source rules have been changed.   Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:07 am

Bizzclaw wrote:
We feel that you shouldn't be able to privatize water sources anymore, so you will no longer be able to wall off water sources on maps where they are scarce.

The new rule:
"Some maps we play on have very few water sources. If the amount of water sources where players can drink and can fill their water bottles is few, then these sources cannot be privatized; You can not build private bases around water sources and everyone must be given equal access to water."

However, we will be working on a system in which cultivators can fill barrels of water and set them up with taps in order to make their own water sources which can be taxed.

You can also put the barrels of water in the back of those trucks, might see some interesting role-play with purified water caravans, and some water hijacking scenarios.

If you have any ideas about this system, post below.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Water source rules have been changed.   Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:42 pm

Heh.. yeah I guess I am the only one working on it, but Nightmare and Alaska are helping me with ideas, balancing and testing. Anyways I've added a new water source to the server, keep an eye out for Red and White water towers. They contain dirty water like sinks, however unlike sinks they have a lower chance to poison you (cleaner water storage) and are capable of filling water barrels. I don't mind if for about a week or so you guys let people know about these water sources and their general location over OOC since it's a new feature.
Back to top Go down
Validtarget
Ban

PostSubject: Re: Water source rules have been changed.   Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:53 pm

Well taking one sip out of the 100% full water tower I made dropped it down to 25% which seemed really poopy to me considering I put 6 barrels in it, might be better to add amounts of water instead of thirst, like say I can take a sip out of the tower that has 1000 water and it will replenish 100 thirst and leave 900 water so on and so forth.

When I see this if I try to join the server, it comes as a relief to me. Relief of not being afraid of being framed for tons of shit I didn't do. Relief for not being afraid of messing up a rule. Relief for not having to deal with the admins of Frostburnt. And relief to go to a server where my shots kill stuff, people don't hate me for no reason, and where I can do whatever I want and be treated like a normal person, not a rat held under a microscope under so much pressure to not mess up.

User has been permanatly banned from these forums for the reason "Doesn't want to be here" by Bizzclaw - Honestly I should of banned you a long time ago. And you say you're tired of being treated like "A rat under a microscope"? Sorry, but you've duped, exploited and RDM'd. What did you expect?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Water source rules have been changed.   Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:20 am

That sounds like a bug Valid.. I'll take a look at it xD
Back to top Go down
Ameno-Sagiri
Staff Manager
Staff Manager

PostSubject: Re: Water source rules have been changed.   Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:22 am

Bizzclaw wrote:
Heh.. yeah I guess I am the only one working on it, but Nightmare and Alaska are playing Dayz. Anyways I've added a new water source to the server, keep an eye out for Red and White water towers. They contain dirty water like sinks, however unlike sinks they have a lower chance to poison you (cleaner water storage) and are capable of filling water barrels. I don't mind if for about a week or so you guys let people know about these water sources and their general location over OOC since it's a new feature.

Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Water source rules have been changed.   Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:53 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/AlaskaXCIII
Mushroom
1st Forum Overlord
1st Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Water source rules have been changed.   Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:40 pm

Meanwhile at the Mexico internet station...

Sargment
The Mysterious Stranger

PostSubject: Re: Water source rules have been changed.   Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:50 pm

Mushroom wrote:
Meanwhile at the Mexico internet station...

About sums up the service you get

Water source rules have been changed.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1